Monday, October 11, 2004

LIFE

I am always amazed as to how my life works. On Friday, which was my last day at ECE/Stream, I got a new job. I will be working at Bestsoftware support ACT!. At this point I was looking forward to the time off, but I applied because I know I needed a job, and, wonder of wonders, I got it. I am glad for the fresh start. I have made some mistakes at ECE and by having a fresh start wth a clean slate, I get to try again. And what I know is that I will do better.

So, now down to brass tacks. two things are weighing on my mind. The first is an incident with Dawn and Hannah. Hannah is 17. She just got a boyfriend. Her mom, Dawn, has some pretty strict rules. It was only like last year that Hannah was allowed to go by herself on Saturday to the mall with her friends. Also, Hannah is not allowed to go out at night with her friends. And she has to be in bed by 9!!! And even on the weekend, she has to be up by 8am!!! I think that these rules and a few others are oppresive and I think that Dawn is obsessing on her life as a teenager and not allowing Hannah to make ehr own mistakes. So about 3 weeks ago, on Hannhas Birthday weekend she stayed with us on Saturday night. No big deal. We ate junk food and watched movies. Come Sunday, Hannah woke up early and called her boyfirend and made a date to meet him. So she left. Caught the bus and out the door. dawn called about 1pm looking for Hannah and I said that I didn't know where she was. Dawn caleld again later and i said she was out with her friends. dawn came over our hosue aout 5.30pm to get Hannah. she was short with me. I didn't hear from her for a while, so i called her. She said she is mad at me for the above incident, because if Hannah didn't call her and tell her there was a change of plans then I should have known to do that and she felt like she was being betrayed. I apoloiized and I said I hope this doesn't wreck our friend ship and Dawn confirmed that it was ok, but I haven't heard from her since then. I have called her and she doesn't return my calls. i am upset about this

Ans then, On Friday at the meeting, Oma walked in wih her hair cut in a new style. She shared how she was sensitive and obsessing and thinking about acting out in old behaviors and etc. Chris said her new hid cut made her look like a pixie. Oma didn't like that. At reak a bunch of us went up to take to her. Dale said, Pixies are cute and Oma shared hwo she feels awful and doesn't like it and how she felt bad enough already. Then I said "Well, I could make it worse, cos. when you walked in I thought you looked like my fucking mother." WHOOPS!!!!! That was totally the wrong thing to say and she screamed how dar you kick me when i am already down. I tried to hug her and say I was jsut teasing but she would have none of it. She ran out of the room crying. I know I put my foot in my mouth. I know I said somehing Inappropriate. I think that is it with my relatiosnhip with Oma. I think at this point it is unrepairable

So, fellow bloggers, I need, want, crave your opinions on my life stories. my perception is not correct. I need the opinions of people not involved with me to say what they think. Please, please post your comments!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger WNW said...

Dawn is too over protective

Oma is too sensitive, hair grows back.

New job for Amy is good news!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home