Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sunday

So, What is up with the politicos knocking on my door to get me to vote? It does not make me want to vote for your candidate, but rather against him because you are disturbing me on a Sunday after noon when I am sitting down to watch a movie!! And I cannot stand the unsolicited phone calls! Leave me alone!! No amount of bothering me will make me want to vote for your candidate! Don't you understand that! Yes, I am one of the millions of undeclared, undecided voters in this country, but your ad campaigns and your door bell ringing and your phone calling will not sway me any way other than against you!! I have voted in every single election I was in the country for since I was 18, I will make my final decision when I pull the string on the curtain, or in the case of Oregon, mail in my ballot.

And that is another thing...What is up with "Vote by mail"? I so much prefer going to the polling place, getting into the booth, pulling the curtain closed and turning those little cute levers. It seemed so much more official, than just punching out some chads and mailing it in. Ho do I know that when you see my name you aren't going to say "she's an idiot" and throw my ballot away? Do we trust the post office? They have a hard enough time dealing with mail correctly, can they do ballots? And if the 2nd tues in November is Election day, if I mail my ballot then, When will the votes be processed and the winner determined? The whole thing seems kinda stupid if you ask me. So I don't have to leave my house..Whoop-de-do!!

And on another note, went bowling last night with a bunch of people from my old job. I even got 2 strikes on game. I had fun. We are gonna do it again sometime soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home