Thursday, November 25, 2004

I am quietly reading my eamil the other day, and I get a response from this blog, so i read it!! and wonder of wonders!! It is Sue Harris!! An old Peace Corp Friend !! I am soo excited!! I spent an important couple of years in my life with her and to be able to be back in touch is a fabulous thing! I am totally amazed as to how the world moves around and around in circles.

Today is Thanksgiving. I am going over to Brooke's for dinner. Paulla is picking me up at around 12. I will get started on cooking the stuffing in a bit, but first I am enjoying my solitude.

And on that solitude..Angela came hoem from work yesterday because she had alot of pain. I was thinking back to the last few wedmesdays..she always comes home early on wednesday. And, she is always sick or in pain or every single physical thing is a huge disaster. Example, she was cooking a couple of days back and she cut her finger with a knife. So, of course a knife cut is a little bloody becuase if the knife is sharp it is like a razor and it bleeds a lot, but there isn't much cut. Anyways, she immediately thinks she has to go get stiches!!! I was like, JE__SUUUS is your finger hanging on by a thread...NO, then buck up, put a band-aid on it and continue cooking. I don't know. I think all those years watching my dearly departed mom die of cancer has kinda hardened me to anyone who is a hypochondriac or a drama queen. Watching someone really waste away changes you, your tolerance for others suffering is very short.

I am not a good caregiver, or rather I chose not to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home